Week 8 Reading and Writing

(Image Information: Fairy Tales, Wikipedia)
I chose this image because I feel like it represents the class matter, in a mythical, magical way.

Looking Back: Reading and Writing

I have really enjoyed the reading and writing assignments this semester. I think these assignments are great for jumpstarting the brain of a writer. I actually love the idea of reading a short story and rewriting it like we do in this class, so much that I recommended the exercise to my entire family. 
Creating a blog is a great way to keep all of your writing in one place. I have enjoyed learning how to use blogging for writing in this class. I think this is a skill I will continue to use after I finish this class. The project website we created is also really cool. Creating a website is not something I have much experience with so this was something new for me. So far it has been a breeze!
I would say I am satisfied with my writing for the project and assignments. It's really nice to actually get some writing done! By this I mean I am really enjoying the structure of this class that requires me to actually write because for years I have wanted to write stories but felt like I haven't had the time. 
I think I would consider the stories I have written to be my biggest writing accomplishments in this class just because it feels so satisfying and inspiring to actually finish and submit pieces of writing. I have enjoyed all of the readings for this class. If I had to choose a favorite, I think I would pick the reading I have been doing for my project. I have been getting deep into Greek Myths, reading different versions of the same stories, and learning new things about my favorite mythological creatures. If that doesn't count I think I would have to go with the Cupid and Psyche reading because I really enjoyed that one. I definitely think the reading notes help, and this is another thing I have learned that I will continue to use after this class is over. 

Looking Forward:

Looking forward, I clearly need to manage my time better. Things got really chaotic for me the last few weeks and I started missing a lot of assignments. Now I'm way behind. I'm confident I will catch up, but I regret missing the assignments because of how much I enjoy this class. So, my goal for the second half of this semester is to spend more time in this class! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to A Crazy Cat Lady

Week 9 Story: Alex, the Boy Who Stole Fox Power