Week 8 Comments and Feedback

(Image Information: Growth Mindset Memes)

Feedback Thoughts:

I have received some good feedback from my classmates this semester. Overall, I would rate the feedback a 7, because some of the comments I'm receiving are mostly just compliments, which is great, but not helpful, and sometimes the comments that contain actual feedback are a little bit unclear. The comments I find most useful contain actual feedback on what I can do better. Compliments are great too, I guess the best comment would have both!

I would rate the quality of my feedback to others students a 7 as well because I don't think I'm any better than my classmates so if I feel like what I'm getting deserves a 7, what I'm giving probably deserves the same. I think I need to focus more on giving constructive criticism, instead of just telling them what I liked. 

I am definitely getting good ideas from other peoples writing. I think reading is the best way to improve your writing because as you read you are constantly absorbing new ideas and writing styles.

I think that reading and commenting on each others posts, does allow us to get to know each other a bit. It's hard to really get to know everyone online but this is a good strategy to get us a little bit familiar with each other. 

Looking forward, I think I might change my comment wall to look more receptive/inviting. It's pretty plain right now so I might add some more pictures and writing. 
I think I need to improve my feedback by making sure every time I comment I leave actual, critical advice, in a nice way!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to A Crazy Cat Lady

Week 9 Story: Alex, the Boy Who Stole Fox Power