Week 10 Lab: Writers Write

(Image Information: Writer's Desk, Public Domain)
For this assignment, I explored the Writer's Write website. The first interesting thing I stumbled across was Book Reviews, under Everything Literary. I love book reviews, so this was very exciting for me. I read a few different reviews just for fun. The ones I chose were Record of a Spaceborn Few, The Paper Lovers, and Death Cup. I picked these three to read about because the titles grabbed my interest. They all sound good and are now on my to-read list. Record of a Spaceborn Few sounds like a deep, futuristic sci-fi book. It is the third in the Wayfarers series. The Paper Lovers sounds like a wild story; it is about a man who is caught having an affair and becomes a religious fanatic, as told by his wife. Death Cup is a spooky detective fiction starring a woman named Storm.

The next thing I looked at on the website was the Writing Prompts section, also under Everything Literary. The first writing prompt I read was very interesting and not what I expected. The prompt was: Write a To-Do List For Your Character's Love Interest. There was also a link to more information about to-do lists for your characters. The page explained how to-do lists help create a story goal and solve plot problems. I found it very useful.
The next prompt I checked out was The Frog Who Would Be King. This one was pretty self-explanatory and sounds super fun, especially for those of us who enjoy fairy tales. There was a link to a post titled How To Use Writing Prompts, which I clicked on because one can never know too much. I think using a writing prompt is pretty easy to do but the post was inspirational and gave encouragement about writing regularly. I added the two prompts above to my list and plan to use them soon!
The final thing I looked at was Literary Trivia. Two of the posts I read were 100 Iconic Love Stories and Breaking Down Writer's Block. I think the writer's block post is useful for anyone who writes, because we all suffer from writer's block and it sucks! The post contains some helpful tips. 100 Iconic Love Stories is a happy read about love stories around the globe.
I found this website highly entertaining and could happily spend many hours browsing. I hope y'all get to check it out!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to A Crazy Cat Lady

Week 9 Story: Alex, the Boy Who Stole Fox Power