Learning Challenge: Healthy Sleep

(Image Information: Sleeping Child, Pixabay)
For this learning challenge, I decided to read about sleep. I have always had a lot of sleep problems and weird sleeping habits. I dream every night and have lucid dreams every night. This leads to me waking up unrested and then wanting to nap later in the day. But even when I nap I don't get peaceful sleep. I also stay up late and occasionally stay up till morning only to take a short nap before class. These days are always unbearable and now I know why. I did not realize previously that it was so important to go to bed at the same time every night and to not eat a lot before sleeping. I work as a server in a restaurant and on weekends I usually work from 11 to 9-10 with no breaks, and when I get off I am usually hungry and exhausted so I often end up eating a big meal (my only meal of the day) right before I go to bed. I have known this is super unhealthy (yikes) but I didn't realize how much it could mess up my sleep quality. I will keep this in mind next time and try to eat a smaller meal. I will also try to maintain a regular sleep routine and not stay up all night. 

Here is the link to the article I read. I hope y'all read it and get some sleep!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to A Crazy Cat Lady

Week 9 Story: Alex, the Boy Who Stole Fox Power