Reading Notes: Twenty-Two Goblins, Part B

Bibliography: 
Twenty Two Goblins, by Arthur Ryder

(Image Information: A Princess, Wikipedia Commons)

Reading Notes, Part B

Ideas:
I am thinking about retelling the story of the king and the goblin, but with a modern twist. I am not sure how exactly I would do this, as I would have to keep it short and simple and therefore would leave out all of the riddle-stories. Perhaps I could come up with short riddles? Or just questions. Maybe it could be about a person in 2019 who is being influenced by the devil, or just by an irresponsible friend, and must choose the right thing to do in different situations. I think this would be easiest-- I don't relish the idea of trying to come up with 12+ riddles. I might write about a college student or college-aged person, as many of us are still figuring out life and would thus be easily tempted to make the wrong decision when given a choice.  

If I don't go with this idea, I might just choose one of the stories-within-the-story to rewrite. This idea is less interesting to me but might be simpler. It could be interesting to put a spin on the story by picking one of the story-telling ideas from the writing laboratory and focusing on writing it that way rather than focusing on remodeling the story. 

It might be interesting to tell the story from the point of view of the monk or the goblin. The goblin is obviously more involved in the story but it could be cool to imagine what the monk was doing while he was waiting for the king to return. 

It could also be fun to write about what happens after. Everything the king says comes true? The stories become common knowledge? The king gains control of the fairies? Lots of potential for stories. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to A Crazy Cat Lady

Week 9 Story: Alex, the Boy Who Stole Fox Power