Week 2 Reading Overview

Week 2 Reading Overview

(Image Information: Fairy Tales, Wikipedia)

Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.
Week 3: Cupid and Psyche

Week 4: Metamorphoses (Books 5-7)

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.
Week 5: Twenty-Two Goblins

Week 6: Ancient Egyptian Myths and Stories

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]
Week 7: Japanese Mythology

Week 9: Japanese Fairy Tales (Ozaki)

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.
Week 10: American Indian Fairy Tales

Week 11: Native American Hero Tales

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.
Week 12: More English Fairy Tales

Week 13: Beowulf

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.
Week 14: Hans Christian Andersen

Week 15: Grimm (LibriVox)

Comments

  1. As you may have noticed, I am interested in fairy tales. As a young child, I was read the works of the Grimm Brothers and Hans Christian Anderson. My love for their work has never faded and I have continued to pursue their stories as an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also interested in mythology. Rick Riordan introduced me to mythology in a way that made it impossible for me to ever stop wanting to learn more. His books opened my mind to so many different mythological worlds. I am a big fan of his, so of course, I am interested in writing my own stories about mythology. I believe that I know his writing well enough to be able to derive good writing habits from it without mimicking it too much. As well, he has posted tips on writing on his website that I will certainly use. My love of mythology is not limited to Rick Riordan's work, it merely originated from it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to A Crazy Cat Lady

Week 9 Story: Alex, the Boy Who Stole Fox Power