Topic Brainstorm

I am interested in writing about many different topics, but for this assignment, I have narrowed it down to four. The topics I have chosen are Cats, Fairy Tales, Greek Mythology, and Goddesses. 

(Image Information: Fairy Tales, Wikipedia Commons)
  • Cats: I would really like to write about cats because I love the idea of deities related to cats. Bast is awesome, and I would like to learn more about other cat deities. I have always been interested in stories about cats, and I like writing my own stories about cats too. I think this would be a great choice for me because I would enjoy the topic and because I would be introduced to more cat material that I could use for future writing.
  • Fairy Tales: I love fairy tales and am interested in reading and writing about them. I like fairy tale princesses a lot, but I chose the broader topic in case I want to write about something else. I am a fan of the Grimm Brothers and Hans Christian Anderson, but I wouldn't necessarily be writing about their work. I like all kinds of fairy tales so if I end up doing this topic I might try focusing on authors I am less familiar with. 
  • Greek Mythology: I love Greek Mythology and this is the topic I know most about. I learned about Greek mythology as a child, and I love reading and listening to Greek Myths and Legends. I think the broad topic offers a lot of possibilities to focus in on. Some examples are Goddesses, Heroes, The Big Twelve, The Titans, Creation Stories, and Mythological Creatures. I enjoy Greek Mythology so much, this might just be the topic I end up going with. 
  • Goddesses: It would be fun to write about Goddesses because I would get to write about women! Women are amazing and are often left out or portrayed in unflattering ways in mythology. It would be cool to give them the spotlight. I think it would be fun to write about the Goddesses of different mythologies and find a way to connect their stories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to A Crazy Cat Lady

Week 9 Story: Alex, the Boy Who Stole Fox Power