Feedback Thoughts

(Image Information: Feedback, Pixabay)

The two articles I chose to read for this assignment are Make Good Art and Seven Ways to Crush Self-Doubt in Creative Work.
Make Good Art contained a video of Neil Gaiman giving an inspiring speech that I enjoyed. I will gladly take advice from Neil Gaiman any day since he such a great, creative, and successful writer. 
Seven Ways to Crush Self-Doubt was reassuring because it noted that everyone suffers from self-doubt. It contained useful tips and advice for overcoming self-doubt. It also talked about having a growth mindset. This will be useful when receiving feedback because it will allow the person receiving feedback to absorb the advice without losing confidence in their ability. 
I enjoy giving and receiving feedback because I think it is a lesson for both people involved. It encourages us to closely review pieces of work, either our own or that of a stranger, and it lets us practice reading with a critical eye. Receiving feedback is immensely important for every writer and I think the more feedback the better. One time I remember receiving feedback is when I took piano lessons. The lessons were only 30 minutes once a week, so it was up to me to practice and improve on my own. The lessons were so my teacher could listen to me and give me feedback on what I was doing badly and how I could improve. I think writing could be compared to learning an instrument in that they are both art forms and both require feedback to improve. I am excited to receive feedback on my writing in this class and I hope it makes me a better writer. 

Comments

  1. Hey Ann,

    I am so glad that I came across your notes on feedback strategies in the blog stream as you made some great points. I had not yet read the articles that you highlighted, so it was great to read some more thoughts on feedback that I have not encountered. I will need to go back later and watch the Neil Gaiman speech that you pointed out.

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to A Crazy Cat Lady

Week 9 Story: Alex, the Boy Who Stole Fox Power