Barnes and Noble-My Favorite Place

I chose to write about Barnes and Noble because I always have a pleasant experience when I go. Every time I enter a Barnes and Noble, I am immediately imbued with a feeling of serenity. It is the most soothing place I can think of, other than my home. Sometimes when you're really stressed, you need to get out of the house. When this happens to me, I always choose to visit Barnes and Noble. The inescapable scent of books and the warm feeling of being surrounded by literature makes a great distraction from real life. 
Wikipedia Commons)
I grew up going to Barnes and Noble with my book-loving mother. Our whole family would go together and I would always get to pick out a new book to read. It was kind of like a special occasion. Now, when I go to Barnes and Noble, I am reminded of some of my most cherished childhood memories.

Comments

  1. I am a lifelong bookworm also, Ann! Now, though, I will confess that I have fallen in love with the world of books online: it amazes me that I can "shop" at used bookstores all over the world; sometimes I order cheap used books from used bookstores in England -- even with the shipping, the books are still so cheap. And free books at digital libraries online: wow! Anyway, I hope this class can be a great reading adventure for you. You will see that there are free books galore at the Freebookapalooza (but you have to supply your own coffee and comfy chair). Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy digital libraries too. Libby is my go-to app. Thanks for the link!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to A Crazy Cat Lady

Week 9 Story: Alex, the Boy Who Stole Fox Power