Growth Mindset: Sprouts Growth Mindset Animation

For this assignment, I watched the Sprouts Growth Mindset Animation. It was a cute, short video that reminded me what the difference is between having a growth mindset vs a fixed mindset. I think this video helped me better understand what exactly having a growth mindset is and how to go about changing your fixed mindset to a growth one. The video was really inspiring and it made me realize that while I have aspects of both mindsets, I was raised to have a fixed mindset and definitely need to work on having more of a growth mindset. I have bad anxiety so I avoid trying new things, but this video made me want to change that. It also gave me an idea of what/how to teach my future students.
From watching the video, I think some things I need to work on are positive thinking, reacting well to feedback, and trying new things. I thought it was interesting how the video mentioned that some job interviewers will test their candidates for growth mindsets. Now I know!

(Image Information: Deliberate Attention, Blogspot)

Comments

  1. Hi Ann Marie,

    Since I heard about the Growth Mindset the first week, I have found it to be such an interesting way to approach feedback. I definitely understand why it can be hard to try new things and take feedback. The way we were taught to deal with feedback and the consequences of messing up when growing up probably contributed to our wanting to not be bad at something. This really inhibits growth, so luckily, we have learned about the Growth Mindset in this class, and I am glad it is motivating you to try new things in life!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to A Crazy Cat Lady

Week 9 Story: Alex, the Boy Who Stole Fox Power